Plain Ended Twinwall
Order couplings separately. If creating a sealed system sealing rings are required.
Double Socket Bends
Level Invert Reducers
Twinwall unslotted carrier pipes and slotted filter pipes and couplings must be installed in accordance with highway authority requirements and clauses 503, 505 and 518 of the manual of contract documents for highway works.
- For typical laying, trench and backfilling specification details reference should be made to the manual of contract documents for highway works, volume 3 drawing No F1, Types T and S and F2, Types G, H and I.
- Pipes are cut easily using conventional hand tools, and should be cut square between the corrugations.
- For a watertight joint, the pipe ends and coupler should be cleaned and the rubber seal fitted externally between the first and second corrugation in the pipe. The inside of the coupler should be lubricated and the pipe pushed fully home to the central register either by hand, or using a lever if necessary.
- Twinwall slotted & unslotted pipes and couplings must be protected against damage from site construction traffic.
- Care should be taken during backfill to maintain the line and level of the pipeline. If necessary, the pipe should be restrained to prevent uplift.