Your privacy is important to JDP. To better protect your privacy, JDP provides this notice explaining the online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, JDP makes it available on every web page. No part of the Site is intended for use by children and no data relating to children is knowingly collected.
Who We Are
JDPipes.co.uk is owned and operated by John Davidson (Pipes) Ltd (“JDP”), which is a company registered in Scotland with company number SC050397. The registered office for the company is 1 Exchange Crescent, Conference Square, Edinburgh, EH3 8UL.
JDP's Head Office is located at Townfoot, Longtown, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA6 5LY. The company's VAT number is GB 265 1364 63.
Visit the Contact Us page for details on contacting JDP.
JDP is the controller and responsible for the collection and processing of information.
JDP is part of Tessenderlo Group NV, a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals and providing industrial solutions, and a company incorporated under the laws of Belgium. Its registered office and administrative office are located at 1050 Brussels, Troonstraat 130, listed in the register of companies in Brussels- Belgium (RLP Brussels), listed as TESB on Euronext (Brussels, Belgium) and with VAT number BE 041 2101 728.
The UK supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office ICO (www.ico.org.uk).
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, JDP automatically collects certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, JDP collects information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. This automatically-collected information as referred to as "Device Information."
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags, and pixels are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, or make a purchase at a branch, JDP collects certain information from you including; your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. This information is referred to as "Order Information."
If you visit a branch, JDP may collect CCTV for the prevention and detection of crime.
When "Personal Information" is stated in this policy, it refers to both Device Information and Order Information.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
JDP uses Order Information that is collected generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, this Order Information is used to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared, provide you with information or advertising relating to products or services (for instance, via email newsletters).
If you make a partial order with JDP, and provide Personal Information such as your email address, the company may send you an email to remind you of this interest. You may opt out of these, and any future emails of this type, by following the instructions in the email.
JDP uses Device Information that is collected to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize the Site (for example, by generating analytics about how customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of marketing and advertising campaigns).
If you have completed a purchase, JDP will send you a request that a review of the service you have received. You may opt out of this notification, and future notifications, by following the instructions in the email.
Sharing Your Personal Information
JDP shares your Personal Information with selected third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
- BigCommerce, an ISO 27001 certified company, and its partners enable you to purchase items from JDP online. You can read more about how BigCommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://www.bigcommerce.com/privacy/
- Credit reference agencies (when completing a credit account application form).
- Intercom, that allows JDP and its customers to chat online. You can read more about how Intercom uses your Personal Information here: https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#privacy
- Fresh Relevance for behavioural analysis and email marketing. See how Fresh Relevance may use your Personal Information here: https://www.freshrelevance.com/privacy-policy
- Mailchimp for email marketing. You can read more about how Mailchimp uses your Personal Information here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Mailgun for sending you emails regarding your online account and orders. Read more into how Mailgun processes data at https://www.mailgun.com/privacy-policy
- Amazon AWS for data processing and storage. You can read more about Amazon’s data processing policies at https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/
- Google Analytics helps JDP understand how customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
JDP may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
When you request to open a credit account with JDP, either online or completing a credit account application form, in order to process your application JDP will supply your personal information to credit reference agencies (CRAs) and they will provide information about you, such as your financial history. JDP does this to assess creditworthiness and product suitability, check your identity, manage your account, trace and recover debts and prevent criminal activity. Personal information will continue to be exchanged about you with CRAs on an ongoing basis, including about your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time. CRAs will share your information with other organisations. The identities of the CRAs, and the ways in which they use and share personal information, are explained in more detail at http://www.experian.co.uk/crain/index.html
CRAIN (Credit Reference Agency Information Notice) is a document produced by the three CRAs, Experian, Equifax and TransUnion (formerly Callcredit), that explains the use of personal data they receive from third parties about individuals and/or their businesses in relation to credit activity. CRAIN has been produced in conjunction with the UK supervisory authority.
As described above, JDP uses your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications that may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt out of targeted advertising used by JDP by visiting the websites below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
Do Not Track
Please note that JDP does not alter the Site’s Personal Information collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access Personal Information JDP holds about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, or make a complaint to JDP, please contact us through the contact information provided in this policy.
JDP will respond to requests within forty-five (45) days. JDP requests that you make attempts to reconcile your complaint with the company, while you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
If you have setup an account with JDP online, you may adjust the information you’ve provided at any time by logging in to your account. If your Personal Information changes please make attempts to update it.
Additionally, if you are a European resident JDP may be processing your information in order to fulfil contracts that the company might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States. Where this transfer is performed, JDP has taken appropriate security measures, such as only using partners that participate with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, to provide best-in-class service and data protection.
When you place an order through the Site, JDP will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
JDP has specific obligations for fraud detection and tax, therefore, may retain certain data even if you ask us to delete it.
JDP takes industry-standard steps to protect your data. In the event of a data breach the company will report to the UK supervisory authority within 72 hours. JDP is PCI level 3 compliant, and its online store is PCI level 1 compliant.
This policy was last updated on 22/08/2018.