BS EN1916: 2002 / BS5911-1: 2002.
- Correctly position and bed the first pipe. Prepare the bedding for the second pipe and hollow out for incoming spigot to prevent bedding material entering the joint.
- Ensure the joint ring is of the correct size and the spigot and socket are clean and undamaged.
- Ensure the joint ring is not twisted, is correctly located on the spigot and is the right way round.
- Lubricants must not be used where ‘G’ and Lamell rings are supplied. Lubrication is required with the ‘integral’ joint.
- Ensure the pipe to be jointed is adequately supported. The spigot should be centered carefully in the socket before jointing is completed, making sure bedding material does not enter the joint at any time.