JDP supplies a barrier pipe that is specifically designed for use in areas of contaminated ground. These are typically urban brownfield sites under development where there are known contaminants in the ground. Such sites would normally exclude the use of conventional plastic pipe products and require the use of specialist protected barrier products.
The Barrier Pipe is multi-layered, and incorporates an aluminum barrier layer. This is sandwiched between two layers of conventional polyethylene, which is widely used for the manufacture of potable water pipe systems. This pipe system can be installed using conventional open cut trenching methods.
The system includes a range of fittings, which have been specifically designed for use with the pipe. Each fitting is supplied with an insert designed to maintain the integrity of the pipe.
The fitting incorporates an integral O-ring seal and grip ring, providing a fully sealed and end load resistant joint, which guarantees total impermeability to contaminant ingress. Being made from Dezincification Resistant Brass (DZR) these fittings require no external wrapping to seal the system unlike some systems.
Features & Benefits
- Impermeable Barrier - Protects potable drinking water from organic and inorganic contamination
- Flexible Construction - Easy to handle and install
- Corrosion Resistant - Enables the development of brownfield sites with a flexible, corrosion resistant plastic pipe system
- Engineered Joint Fitting - Offering no path for the ingress of contaminants
- Ease of Installation - Requires no pipe preparation or external wrapping
Barrier pipe is specifically designed for use in areas of contaminated ground for safe distribution of potable water.