A risk of contamination of drinking water exists near industrial land, agricultural land, landfill sites, petrol stations and developments built on brownfield sites.
To protect against contamination barrier pipe systems must be used to allow safe transportation of drinking water.
SLA® Barrier Pipe is a Type A multilayer system that includes a black PE inner core, protective aluminium layer, and an outer layer of PE.
Features & Benefits
- Manufactured from PE100 instead of PE80; stiffer, more scratch resistant, less likely to damage when handling and installing
- Black inner core makes it easier to spot compromised pipelines
- Full range from 25mm – 630mm
- Plastic push-fit, gunmetal compression, hydraulic compression and electrofusion fittings, and butt fusion welding connection methods
- Plastic push-fit and gunmetal compression fittings require no additional aluminium wrapping
- Potable water systems in contaminated land
- Former industrial land, military land & brownfield sites
- Agricultural land
- Landfill sites
- Petrol stations
- Crossings under rivers
- Flood plains
SLA® Barrier Pipe Coils & Lengths
|Pipe Type||Pipe Diameter OD - Type A (mm)|
Fittings & Adaptors
Consult the table below to determine suitable fittings for SLA® Barrier Pipe
|Fitting Type||Pipe Diameter OD - Type A (mm)|
Please consult JDP for the installation process for SLA® Barrier Pipe. Depending on your project, different fittings and connection types may be used.